As promised, we are going to continue Afterwind development - and here are a few ideas will very likely get implemented in the near future:

Scenarios
This feature will allow creating custom scenarios by selecting countries, settings, victory condition, placing troops and creating pre-built empires for players to control. This will allow players to have their own creative input into the game and will present opportunities for entirely new gameplay.

Collectable cards
Cards will be awarded during the game - subsequently, you can redeem them to receive various bonuses (rare units, increase in production or income, etc). Unused cards will remain for the next game - however, there will be a limit on how many cards you can use per game. The second function of cards will be collecting cities/countries on your own personal world map. Each card will feature a random city, which you can then place on your map.

Population casualties
It should be obvious that warfare on such a massive scale will inevitably affect the civilian population. We want big battles in cities to decrease their population - depending on the types of units attacking. Population numbers will, in turn, affect unit production. It will also be possible to move civilians between cities, possibly creating an interesting new victory condition.

Cargo ships
It takes a lot of resources to support a huge army. The new Cargo ship unit will be a way to earn some much neeeded extra funds. Build a few in your city and send them half way across the globe to another city - the revenue will depend on the size and the distance between the two cities.

'Casual' 12/24-hour turn games
A lot of people have no way to dedicate 2-3 hours of time often required to finish a game. And then there are those who prefer to carefully plan and execute their strategy, which is not possible with a 2-min turn game (especially with a large empire). For these people we're planning to make 12/24-hour turn games, allowing them to login once a day for 10 minutes and make turns without hurry.

So, these are our plans for future development. What should be our priority? Let us know in the new poll.

|

Комментарии

Купи премиум версию чтобы скрыть рекламы
Комментарии: 51   Посещен: 399 users
12.04.2011 - 11:29
No rally points for troops?

Son, I am of dissapointed.
----
Beheading infidels is a patriotic duty
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 11:34
This all sounds fucking amazing. Need more players though!
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 12:02
Sounds great.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 12:42
 Ivan (Админ)
Написано multicultiSTRONG, 12.04.2011 at 11:29

No rally points for troops?

Son, I am of dissapointed.

Yes, we plan this too, I just didn't include it as it's not a 'major' feature...
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 12:48
Can't wait for all these to be implemented.

I think "research projects" was also mentioned as a potential feature at one point. Its obviously not in this list, but is it still in the future sometime?
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 12:58
 Ivan (Админ)
Написано Guest14502, 12.04.2011 at 12:48

Can't wait for all these to be implemented.

I think "research projects" was also mentioned as a potential feature at one point. Its obviously not in this list, but is it still in the future sometime?

At the moment this idea is abandoned - although, who knows, maybe we'll get back to it at some point.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 15:29
Cargo ships and could we have cargo plains 2? This would make sm and nc more fun to play and playable on poorer maps ...... this is my #1 pick

Second my #2 would be population casualties .... reason and sugestions... I think it would be fun to move people around so that if im making troops in two cities and city A can make 5 troops and city B can make 3 then I could move men around so that A n B both make 4 or A could make 6 and B could make 2... this also could make another level to this game

The 24 hour games and the cards are about even but with my deployment I will lean twords the 24 hour games since that may be all I have time to play

And last is scenarios

Well that's what I think
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 15:39
Will moving civilians affect income and reinforcement in the city?
----
Never go to war with a country whose national holiday celebrates a defeat in 1389.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 15:41
It should... and maybe there should be a way to get more people in a city
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 16:10
Hmmm, these are major features that will add dimensions to the game, but may imbalance it too. That's why population casualties is the last on my choices, with scenarios being top because it will attract more players.
Casualties is one reality, but mass population moving between cities is rare in history.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 16:31
Rank 9 icon is upside down when compared to the rank icon in-game. Please fix.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 17:15
Sounds awesome! For population decrease i would suggest it should be none for attacking neutrals but for attacking a player the decrease should be relative to the amount of troops the winner has at the end of the battle. Aka an overwhelming victory = no lose while a victory of one militia remaining can be sever. also with the increment it should be done at an exponential rate of some type rounding to the nearest whole number with a population cap either at what it is currently or slightly higher, but the rate expansion would have to change do to the city not being able to support the amount of people.

This would also address marcs comment about moving people. Personally i think the idea of moving reinforcements would destabilize the game if it was permanent. People would simply move all their people to few select cities, maybe even moving them from temporally captured enemy cities. Therefore somehow the country's population would have to naturally revert itself back to the original state and the population would have to be directly tied to the cities. This would not allow long term manipulation of a countries population density while allowing for front line refugees as it were. The population being tied to the cities is an indication of prosperity. Removing a population from its city means they can no longer provided for themselves and therefore no income. Furthermore these people have to be fed, etc. and therefore should be a drain on one's economy.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 18:06
Rally points GOOD POINT:gunner::devil:
----
It ends here!
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 18:33
Okay, the population thing sounds a bit complicated, so don't overdo it. But everything else sounds really fun!
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.04.2011 - 19:56
Oh lol your right sometimes i over think things
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
13.04.2011 - 00:28
That's what I was meaning when I said imbalance the game, it is a feature that can be abused just the way you mentioned. Nice analysis.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
13.04.2011 - 01:39
I wouldn't mind population movement within a country, but anything other than that would create major imbalances in longterm play. Also put some limits on how much can be moved (perhaps half of the initial population can be moved out of a city)

I like scenarios. I think it would be cool if we could save them to the site and have players rate the scenarios so better scenarios could be found and then replayed later by anyone.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
13.04.2011 - 03:57
Collectible cards for sure, im not so sure about letting people bring them over to their next game though. it sounds like it could get annoying and can cause serious problems for people who start a game with someone who already has cards. but you should put a trophy room of sorts with the cards like you did the awards maybe showing every location you have taken. it could give people something to collect. and it may be cool to have them upgrade.

for example: I take over a certain city on a map 10 times and i get the bronze card of that city giving me like a +1 defence to that location. nothing too huge or it will effect the game too much. but it would be fun to collect them. and maybe after 10,000 or more takeovers of a city you get the gold or whatever the highest is and you get +1 def for every troop in the stack.

or instead of cards you have a map showing every location, this is your personal map. and when you look at it, it shows every city and capital on it (the entire map). and you can click on them to see how many times you've taken over a territory and how much you need for the next rank. and when you get a rank it gets filled in with the color and tells you the bonus.

like if i get bronze on a city in germany by taking it over 10 or 50 times the dot for it on "My Map" gets filled in bronze so it can be easily sean. I highly reccomend this over the cards because it can give people a feal of progression with your game, just like the upgrade system youve already implicated into your game.

alright that is all, by the way I would love to help you on this game it is obvious to me your putting a lot of time and thought into this and your not quite getting the credit you deserve. I would love to help with ideas or maybe even some of the tech on this game with you.

P.S the population thing is a great idea but I think you should hold off on that it seams like a very complex system youd have to deal with to get that to work perfectly, and may even ruin the experience if you put it in as a main option. but maybe as a optional it would be fun.

if you want some help or just want to exchange ideas on this I'd gladly help, you can msg me at BlueBoxCompany@gmail.com
or simply msg me on here.

BTW you should remove the lvl 5 buffer and not being able to go past silver medals without paying for a subscription just seeing that may push people away from your game. everything else i agree with as sponser content and i think your doing a great job of not having over powered strategies or reinforcements for people of higher lvls or sponsers.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
13.04.2011 - 05:33
Collectible cards are fine, as long as you can't use them in coalition wars. Or if they're severely limited in those.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
13.04.2011 - 06:04
No. No cards. Please. This is a war strategy, not yugioh or tons of other card games...
I agree with all plans except with cards.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
13.04.2011 - 06:09
I'm against cards, players who play more already have benefits...upgrades, it just makes those who have less time to play have even more disadvantage.

Also if it's based on capturing cities that could very easily be abused.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
13.04.2011 - 07:40
I feel the administrators would find a way to make it fair anwith the limit of using three as long as people don't abuse them each game then they can alwas save them when they need them
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
13.04.2011 - 08:27
Nah, im still against cards.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
13.04.2011 - 12:53
Well Im not 100% sure on how cards will effect the game, but if you rember cards also are found in risk....
I think we can give the developers the benfit of the doubt on this one and hope for the best.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
13.04.2011 - 16:03
I think my map idea would be amazing!

or instead of cards you have a map showing every location, this is your personal map. and when you look at it, it shows every city and capital on it (the entire map). and you can click on them to see how many times you've taken over a territory and how much you need for the next rank. and when you get a rank it gets filled in with the color and tells you the bonus.

like if i get bronze on a city in germany by taking it over 10 or 50 times the dot for it on "My Map" gets filled in bronze so it can be easily sean. I highly reccomend this over the cards because it can give people a feal of progression with your game, just like the upgrade system youve already implicated into your game.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.04.2011 - 01:15
 Ivan (Админ)
Написано BlueBoxCompany, 13.04.2011 at 16:03

I think my map idea would be amazing!

Very easily abused. Get a friend or second account and continuously exchange a city until you're done. Then move on to the next city. Unfortunately, we always have to think about that.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.04.2011 - 19:57
Цитировать:
Very easily abused. Get a friend or second account and continuously exchange a city until you're done. Then move on to the next city. Unfortunately, we always have to think about that.

very true. :'(
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.04.2011 - 00:53
Написано specter, 13.04.2011 at 12:53

Well Im not 100% sure on how cards will effect the game, but if you rember cards also are found in risk....
I think we can give the developers the benfit of the doubt on this one and hope for the best.

me neither, but i really dont wanna experiment. Since this is a combo of Risk and Civ, maybe there shouldnt be cards but some special building that could be built and gave some bonus for attack or def? idk...
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.04.2011 - 05:31
ONE WORD!
AIRCRAFTCARRIER! lol ok its 2 words but please add them i proposed a way to impliment them in another post and they will work really well at adding more realism and stratagy to the game.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.04.2011 - 14:20
Adding an AirCraft Carrier should come hand in hand with planes not being able to fly over large bodies of water.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.04.2011 - 23:32
1 scenarios, (i wana make some world wars)
2 civilians (somthing that would add great amounts of realism)
3 Cargo (again more realism and sounds interesting)
4 Cards (special abilites would be awsome especialy if you could have custom special abilties)
5 12-24 hour turns (this just sounds like somthing that would be interesting, and usefull for people who have school, job, etc but sounds like somthing that would be easy)

these are my suggestions of what should be done first, and why i would like it
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
17.04.2011 - 06:24
Make cards, just to collect them, not use in battle
i like collecting trophies/achievements in all games very much
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
17.04.2011 - 09:55
Написано Guest14502, 17.04.2011 at 09:26

http://armorgames.com/play/2893/achievement-unlocked

Dude I love that game!
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
17.04.2011 - 13:53
I like all these ideas. 1 thing I would recommend is being able to upgrade cities to increase funds as well as being able to build defenses such as walls and mines.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
18.04.2011 - 13:28
Great ideas! Scenarios will be most interesting I think. Maybe some single player scenarios even?
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
18.04.2011 - 14:02
I would like to see the population of city have some play in defence or attacking.

If the population does not like you and you have no troops or few troops they can over throught you and pick someone they like. Revolt! I think that could put a twist on the game.

I do not like that you could move the population. I think it should happen on its own. If you do put in that you can move the population i think this may work (If you move the population it may make them made and revolt against you). That can mean that you just loose some troops or you could lose the city.

Please let me know what you think.

I like everything else.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
23.04.2011 - 14:16
Collectable cards are meh. Casual games are a must and so is detailed population modeling.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
25.04.2011 - 04:23
With the casual games are you able to be in another game at the same time or is it just that one? it sounds great though:D
----
i know there's an answer i just don't know what it is yet
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
29.04.2011 - 16:21
Im likeing the Idea of population interaction in the game the best! Would this also include the ability to use scorched earth tactics(Burn and pillage) to remove citys from the map by droping there population to 0? Also would i be able to move all people to one city and will it require units to move them or do they just go where i say to? Lastly Will there be a percentage that refuse and become militent or abandon to another city for safe haven?
----
Where's the BEEF!
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
29.04.2011 - 16:34
Ok i read the post's more closely now i have Updated info.

Population movement.

I would suggest it be limited to 1 unit per turn in population from a country drawing a Migrant population icon on the map that you can move a set number of spaces that oponents can attack.

your Income remains the same while your population is moveing UNLESS killed. then your production in the Start city is reduced by 10% or so.

If you move all population from a city the city should become a ruin or some other kind of map marker that no longer has any value or worth and people can not move into it.

As far as efecting income. I feel the population ganing city should increse by half of what the Population loosing city looses. this way there is a benifit and a Negative to moving population and in real world the new population would at first be a drag on the economy of the gaining city but in time would make it welthy.
----
Where's the BEEF!
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.05.2011 - 18:52
Great Job!
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
25.06.2011 - 05:38
Will custom maps appear as well I would love those...
great work guys!!
----
im not dutch i am spanish. I do however live in dutchland so yeah...
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
29.07.2011 - 17:04
 Acquiesce (Мод)
CARGO SHIPS PLEASE!!!!
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
29.07.2011 - 17:08
Написано Acquiesce, 29.07.2011 at 17:04

CARGO SHIPS PLEASE!!!!

DIS^^
----
"Austria the shield and Prussia the sword!" Too bad that they are attached to the wrong arm: The right one holds the defiantly gli stening shield, and the left one is supposed to wield the sword"
-Franz Grillparzer, Prussian Officer
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
07.09.2011 - 02:28
 Ivan (Админ)
Написано Acquiesce, 29.07.2011 at 17:04

CARGO SHIPS PLEASE!!!!

Soon
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
07.09.2011 - 12:41
Написано Ivan, 07.09.2011 at 02:25

Amok is coming back tomorrow

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
07.09.2011 - 18:32
Lol
----
"Austria the shield and Prussia the sword!" Too bad that they are attached to the wrong arm: The right one holds the defiantly gli stening shield, and the left one is supposed to wield the sword"
-Franz Grillparzer, Prussian Officer
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.09.2011 - 08:29
Ironail
Аккаунт удален
Nice. Maybe we'll get some new stuff now.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
12.09.2011 - 18:36
Fick ja
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...

Hits total: 63623 | This month: 832
Присоединяйтесь к нам на

Передай слово