AtWar Community,

As many of you know already from reading Dave's introduction to the community (Read Here if you missed it), there were 3 general areas he wanted to address. One of these was ending the toxicity in the forums.

The Mod Team has spent the last week or so discussing what exactly this would look like, and specifically clarifying what constitutes 'toxicity'. I think most of us already have a sense of what that is, but it can be hard to pin down. Therefore, we will be going forward with the following definitions:

What it is: The 'daily grind' of negative and dismissive comments, as well as mundane, repetitive hostilities and ethnic slurs will be curbed so that our forums will no longer have that dark, unwelcoming feel that new players often get when they first log on to AtWar forums.

What it is not: David made clear to the Mods he does not want us to be censors. A well placed joke is not going to result in a ban or mod intervention.

The AtWar Rules will not be changing, but will be re-enforced by us as a team going forward. Thank you all for your patience, and we look forward to seeing you all in game!

The AtWar Mod Team

|

Комментарии

Купи премиум версию чтобы скрыть рекламы
Комментарии: 65   Посещен: 875 users
14.12.2018 - 19:31
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.12.2018 - 19:33
 Dave (Админ)
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.12.2018 - 19:37
----

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.12.2018 - 19:40
 Nero
----
Laochra¹: i pray to the great zizou, that my tb stops the airtrans of the yellow infidel
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.12.2018 - 19:44
Looking forward to find the loopholes in the new rules.
----

Написано Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.12.2018 - 22:07
Sultan gonna be the happiest moderator ever; finally he can use whichever power in forums, whenever, about whatever, without a public rant of community

Jk
Cant wait to see the forums in a month, just don't go biased and it will be fine I guess
----

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.12.2018 - 22:31
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.12.2018 - 23:22
 Witch-Doctor (Мод)
OMG RELEASE THE FIX FOR THE TURN UNIT BECOME AVAILABLE ALREADY CLOVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS STUPID BUG IS STOPPING SO MANY MAPS FROM COMING OUT
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 00:02
Написано Witch-Doctor, 14.12.2018 at 23:22

OMG RELEASE THE FIX FOR THE TURN UNIT BECOME AVAILABLE ALREADY CLOVIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS STUPID BUG IS STOPPING SO MANY MAPS FROM COMING OUT

IS THAT THE ONLY BUG YOU SEE IN THE MAP MAKER!!!!
MY GOD MAN, THERE ARE MANY MORE!!!!!!!!!#!#!
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 01:39
- The only thing keeping this game alive is RP -

no noob upgrades are (!)
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 02:13
Написано Alt 31, 15.12.2018 at 01:39

no noob upgrades are (!)

What do you mean?
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 02:14
----

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 02:42
Im not allowed to do that anymore ?
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 02:54
Kaska
Аккаунт удален
" A well placed joke is not going to result in a ban or mod intervention. "

That's 100% subjectiv, therefore impossible to make a proper difference between a very ironic joke and a total agression (i have ss of my last mute by google with my acquiesce joke)

As many intellectuals, public thinkers said many times : it's either a total free speech area, with all the negativity that it's imply, either a new system which is suppose to solve the problem but in the end create more trubles.

+ So many words for nothing

But i don't want to be neative so good luck.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 03:08
T1 wf is legal
----

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 04:20
 Dave (Админ)
Написано Guest, 15.12.2018 at 02:54

That's 100% subjectiv, therefore impossible to make a proper difference between a very ironic joke and a total agression (i have ss of my last mute by google with my acquiesce joke)

Yes, it's subjective. We can't make a 100% OBjective list because it's simply not realistic to anticipate every little thing that someone might say. No system is ever perfect, all we can do is try our best.

As many intellectuals, public thinkers said many times : it's either a total free speech area, with all the negativity that it's imply

In terms of government I agree we should have total free speech, 100%. But atWar is not government, it's a private enterprise. If we want to enjoy a certain kind of environment around here, we have to set some rules.

You wouldn't go into a restaurant and start yelling "NIGGER" or "JEW" to everyone you see. Yet that's exactly what some people do here on atWar every day. Just this morning I logged in and some idiot was copy & pasting "NIGGER" into the chat, in all caps, over and over again. Now you tell me, if a brand new player signs up for our game and that's the first thing he/she sees, what are the chances they'll actually stay around? Not great. (Unless they are okay with that kind of behavior, in which case we just get more of the same around here.)

Look, you can say whatever you want, be as negative or as toxic as you want, *in private*. Talk shit with your friends in private, I don't care. All I expect is 1) don't bully people so that they want to leave the game, and 2) in the public forums/chat, use a little common sense and behave yourselves. The whole point of this is we need to create a better environment that attracts new players, and keeps them around for hopefully a long time. This is not an ideological crusade, I'm simply trying to grow our user base. (And yes there are other things I'll be doing to help grow the game also, but cleaning up the "toxicity" is an important part of it.)

If the rules and what I'm trying to accomplish aren't clear enough by now, I really don't know what else to say.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 04:37
Kaska
Аккаунт удален
Написано Dave, 15.12.2018 at 04:20

Yes, it's subjective. We can't make a 100% OBjective list because it's simply not realistic to anticipate every little thing that someone might say. No system is ever perfect, all we can do is try our best.

As many intellectuals, public thinkers said many times : it's either a total free speech area, with all the negativity that it's imply

In terms of government I agree we should have total free speech, 100%. But atWar is not government, it's a private enterprise. If we want to enjoy a certain kind of environment around here, we have to set some rules.

You wouldn't go into a restaurant and start yelling "NIGGER" or "JEW" to everyone you see. Yet that's exactly what some people do here on atWar every day. Just this morning I logged in and some idiot was copy & pasting "NIGGER" into the chat, in all caps, over and over again. Now you tell me, if a brand new player signs up for our game and that's the first thing he/she sees, what are the chances they'll actually stay around? Not great. (Unless they are okay with that kind of behavior, in which case we just get more of the same around here.)

Look, you can say whatever you want, be as negative or as toxic as you want, *in private*. Talk shit with your friends in private, I don't care. All I expect is 1) don't bully people so that they want to leave the game, and 2) in the public forums/chat, use a little common sense and behave yourselves. The whole point of this is we need to create a better environment that attracts new players, and keeps them around for hopefully a long time. This is not an ideological crusade, I'm simply trying to grow our user base. (And yes there are other things I'll be doing to help grow the game also, but cleaning up the "toxicity" is an important part of it.)

If the rules and what I'm trying to accomplish aren't clear enough by now, I really don't know what else to say.

I understand that there is some situations where it's justified. The case u just developped is solid,and there is some morons indeed that are frequently abusing ; they should get ban i totally agree.

The problem remains tho, there is a fine line between moderating cleverly and just abusing moderations.

Just an example, i got banned for 5 days on global for those " spams " (2 of them where due to a wc problem) without even a warnng like " stop spamming "

[2018-12-09 08:39:36.6502] Info: Global
, Kaska [1645490]: ACQUIESCE I SUMMON U TO A DEATH DUEL
[2018-12-09 11:57:53.2921] Info: Global
, Kaska [1645490]: kk
[2018-12-09 12:48:28.4774] Info: Global
, Kaska [1645490]: FUCK U CC CORRUPTED MOD STOP TROLLING ME - CW
[2018-12-08 03:41:13.2077] Info: Global
, Kaska [1645490]: c

[2018-12-08 04:20:13.5300] Info: Global
, Kaska [1645490]: OMG ENIGMA IS RANK 10
[2018-12-08 04:41:49.9109] Info: Global
, Kaska [1645490]: guys 'm sorry for my sins ok

Do u consider ths material as offensive ? They're all jokes or interpellations or sarcasm but yet i got muted for 5 fucking days without anyone telling me why. I had to ask to several mods, and in the end the mod who muted me told me " if u want me to check why u got muted i'll extend your mute for 50 days "

That's why i'm really worried about your initiative, cuz one of the reason i come on this game is to be entertained by the community, and that involve those kind of spams.

+ There is the unleashed problem about which many players are complaining about. The impression that the toxic guys alaws get away with it but the honorable spammer are the first to take the bullet.

But in the end i support your cause there is some morons (like SIDDO) who just spam horrible things all the time.

Don't kill the humor tho.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 04:52
 4nix
Off topic should not follow any rules methinks
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 05:26
Lemonade is the greatest mod ever
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:20
Написано Guest, 15.12.2018 at 04:37

Do u consider ths material as offensive ? They're all jokes or interpellations or sarcasm but yet i got muted for 5 fucking days without anyone telling me why. I had to ask to several mods, and in the end the mod who muted me told me " if u want me to check why u got muted i'll extend your mute for 50 days "

Man, you're mixing humour with global chat spam. Global chat is not meant for that kind of bs, or else it would become a jungle and that's not what I'd like it to become, it would simply lose it's objective.

And you call that humor? come on... Global chat is for game advertising not for 10 year old jokes
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:24
Kaska
Аккаунт удален
Написано RaulPB, 15.12.2018 at 06:20

Man, you're mixing humour with global chat spam. Global chat is not meant for that kind of bs, or else it would become a jungle and that's not what I'd like it to become, it would simply lose it's objective.

And you call that humor? come on... Global chat is for game advertising not for 10 year old jokes

As again humor is subjective, and all of that is part of a troll-private joke, that's what makes it funny, anyway, my post was to underilne the fact that it's difficult to dissociate humor from toxicity (and your coment is quite reprensetative of that)
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:26
Написано Guest, 15.12.2018 at 06:24

As again humor is subjective, and all of that is part of a troll-private joke, that's what makes it funny, anyway, my post was to underilne the fact that it's difficult to dissociate humor from toxicity (and your coment is quite reprensetative of that)

You're not getting the point: this is not about humour or not humour, this is about following the rules of respecting global chat for game advertisment exclusively. Respect that and keep on sharing your humour in other places where it is acceptable...
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:28
Kaska
Аккаунт удален
Написано RaulPB, 15.12.2018 at 06:26

You're not getting the point: this is not about humour or not humour, this is about following the rules of respecting global chat for game advertisment exclusively. Respect that and keep on sharing your humour in other places where it is acceptable...

Check those uotes and u'll see that 2 of them are wc, 2 of them are : request for a dual, request for a cw (with abusing) the 2 others are abuse indeed.

And it is the point, since it's easy to be the little caporal syaing " it's the rules, obey them " but in the end if the rules kill the spirit of a game it's pointless.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:31
Kaska
Аккаунт удален
Написано RaulPB, 15.12.2018 at 06:26

+ u're neglecting a bigart of my post, which is to say that i was muted without any warning
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:35
Написано Guest, 15.12.2018 at 06:28

Check those uotes and u'll see that 2 of them are wc, 2 of them are : request for a dual, request for a cw (with abusing) the 2 others are abuse indeed.

And it is the point, since it's easy to be the little caporal syaing " it's the rules, obey them " but in the end if the rules kill the spirit of a game it's pointless.

I see 6 messages, 2 of them could be wrong chat, sure, the duel one could be made in private, the cw one was an excuse to abuse global chat and the other 2, well, you already admitted it being an abuse. I'm not sure which would be the appropiate punish for that, but it is not an aceptable thing to do and you know that too.

Rules are meant to KEEP the game spirit, if everyone were to spam global like you did, it would heavily alter the game spirit as everyone would have to turn off global and lose the chance to see real game advertisments. You're again mixing "humour" and other personal matters with game rules and behaviour rules that improve the game atmosphere
----
We're all people.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:38
Написано Guest, 15.12.2018 at 06:31

+ u're neglecting a bigart of my post, which is to say that i was muted without any warning

Well, ok, I can give you that, however, aren't you already aware of the global chat use rules? I bet this was not your first time doing such abuse either. To what extent does a mod have to be indulgent, patient or paternal? Has any other mod warned you before?
----
We're all people.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:43
Kaska
Аккаунт удален
Написано RaulPB, 15.12.2018 at 06:38

Написано Guest, 15.12.2018 at 06:31

Well, ok, I can give you that, however, aren't you already aware of the global chat use rules? I bet this was not your first time doing such abuse either. To what extent does a mod have to be indulgent, patient or paternal? Has any other mod warned you before?

Well let's just stop posting cause this conversation is pointless, and out of the subject. I wrote my point quite clearly and add anything wouldn't help since u repeat yourself and ignoring what i say which is :

" And it is the point, since it's easy to be the little caporal syaing " it's the rules, obey them " but in the end if the rules kill the spirit of a game it's pointless.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:45
Написано DeepFriedUnicorn, 15.12.2018 at 02:13

no noob upgrades are (!)

What do you mean?

the problem with the game is that its not competetive at all
it is designed for you to spend money on protocoins ,
so you can buy your rank.

why would i go sit in main with all my upgrades slaughtering noobs who dont have upgrades?
it killed the game for me.

if you rank up it gets EASIER.... normaly.. when u advance.. it must become HARDER

this is were the game is failing

4 example ,
in the olympics there is high jump.
but for the world champion we lower the bar , cuz he earned it?

its so wrong.

you should give every new user all upgrades
and when u rank up , u LOOSE an advantage
THATS what makes a game competetive

but the problem is.. there will be no money making no more.....................

so yes this game is about money making
not competetive at all..
or did you really think a rank 15 is the best player arround?

bullshit he is just here alot or has a bigger wallet
ranking system sucks dick
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:46
Написано Guest, 15.12.2018 at 06:43

Well let's just stop posting cause this conversation is pointless, and out of the subject. I wrote my point quite clearly and add anything wouldn't help since u repeat yourself and ignoring what i say which is :

" And it is the point, since it's easy to be the little caporal syaing " it's the rules, obey them " but in the end if the rules kill the spirit of a game it's pointless.

Answering your points is now ignoring you? bye logic!

Again, rules are not killing any spirit, your trolling could be. I'm afraid you're the one not understanding anything I'm saying...
----
We're all people.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:48
Написано Alt 31, 15.12.2018 at 06:45

why would i go sit in main with all my upgrades slaughtering noobs who dont have upgrades?

if you rank up it gets EASIER.... normaly.. when u advance.. it must become HARDER

If high ranks stayed in the game, you'd have a harder time. But if this is what high ranks usually do, then fuck it. Just go back to dueling top players
----
We're all people.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:49
Kaska
Аккаунт удален
Написано RaulPB, 15.12.2018 at 06:46

Написано Guest, 15.12.2018 at 06:43

Answering your points is now ignoring you? bye logic!

Again, rules are not killing any spirit, your trolling could be.

U ignoring what i say in the sense that u obviously don't understand what imean and repeat yourself. Lets just stop spaming.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 06:58
Цитировать:
Цитировать:

If high ranks stayed in the game, you'd have a harder time. But if this is what high ranks usually do, then fuck it. Just go back to dueling top players

i dropped my rank 14 and i refuse to play with it
i have so much more fun making new alts and playing in beginners, with the same upgrades everyone there has

and no , fuck duels paul
they just play sissy euro map
i also refuse to play that

they all think small... the same 3 expantions over and over
fuck elo and fuck sissy euro duels
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 07:26
Написано Alt 31, 15.12.2018 at 06:45

Написано DeepFriedUnicorn, 15.12.2018 at 02:13

no noob upgrades are (!)

What do you mean?

4 example ,
in the olympics there is high jump.
but for the world champion we lower the bar , cuz he earned it?

its so wrong.

you should give every new user all upgrades
and when u rank up , u LOOSE an advantage
THATS what makes a game competetive

but the problem is.. there will be no money making no more.....................

so yes this game is about money making
not competetive at all..
or did you really think a rank 15 is the best player arround?

bullshit he is just here alot or has a bigger wallet
ranking system sucks dick

Hmmm, I disagree. I've been beaten by a level 4 before. Over the years I came to realise this game IS actually about strategy, positioning, timing and education on mechanics...I'm still pretty bad because I haven't really taking the time to learn my preferred strategy and others from other players.

Rank is just a number and emblem in this game. Upgrades of course help, but that too takes time and effort to get them.

This game is now owned by one person and is being worked on by two and soon/hopefully three others. It will need money to fund it, it needs ideas of funding, but a "pay to win" mentality is surly not here or at least not to the extent of any other free to play browser game. Which truly is perfect and in my opinion, not really recognised.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 07:28

I understand that there is some situations where it's justified. The case u just developped is solid,and there is some morons indeed that are frequently abusing ; they should get ban i totally agree.

The problem remains tho, there is a fine line between moderating cleverly and just abusing moderations.

Just an example, i got banned for 5 days on global for those " spams " (2 of them where due to a wc problem) without even a warnng like " stop spamming "

2.5 Global channel is for advertising games and game related information (community events, tournaments, advertisement to a particular thread on the forum [given it does not violate and other rules], and so on.). The Help channel is for asking game related questions and technical support. Avoid any unrelated comment on any of these two channels, mutes may be applied if a player violates this ruling.

Not sure what else you'd expect. Surely as a rank 10 whose played this game for over 5 years now knows the basic in-game rules. I think Google went light on you :3
----

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 07:29
Цитировать:
Цитировать:
Написано Alt 31, 15.12.2018 at 06:58

i have so much more fun making new alts and playing in beginners, with the same upgrades everyone there has

and no , fuck duels paul

Them facts on the duel and clan situation are spot on though
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 07:29
Написано Alt 31, 15.12.2018 at 06:58

and no , fuck duels paul

If you look at my duel history, I don't duel in eu that much. And I do agree this eu duel fashion is obnoxious at its best XD anyway, you could start duels in other maps cause if I and others were to do the same, beginners lobby would make no sense. At least you'd be playing with similarly experienced players in main room, not abusing noobs

Also, you do know you can reset your upgrades or play with upgrades disabled, right?
----
We're all people.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 07:31
Kaska
Аккаунт удален
Написано Sultan of Swing, 15.12.2018 at 07:28

2.5 Global channel is for advertising games and game related information (community events, tournaments, advertisement to a particular thread on the forum [given it does not violate and other rules], and so on.). The Help channel is for asking game related questions and technical support. Avoid any unrelated comment on any of these two channels, mutes may be applied if a player violates this ruling.

Not sure what else you'd expect. Surely as a rank 10 whose played this game for over 5 years now knows the basic in-game rules. I think Google went light on you :3

Without even warning me ?

Ofc u think tha, since 're akid who like touse his powers too much
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 07:32
So no more jew jokes? bla
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 07:32
Написано Guest, 15.12.2018 at 07:31

Написано Sultan of Swing, 15.12.2018 at 07:28

Without even warning me ?

Ofc u think tha, since 're akid who like touse his powers too much

----

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 07:46
Can people stop making american jokes. makes me feel bad.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 07:49
----

Написано Guest14502, 11.10.2014 at 09:44

Waffel for mod 2015
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 08:16
Upgrades is something differant than strategy

why would a higher rank have an advantage of putting 50% more units on transportplane
make it harder , do -50% and make the game competetive

range sight etc.. that bs u can buy tru rank up
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 08:49
Good, kaska deserved that mute
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 09:52
Ban kaska, spamming help chat
----

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 09:53
Well this all sounds great on paper but yea like kaska said it is very subjective. And sadly we have a handful of mods who can't differentiate between a tongue in cheek post and an insult - or banter and an argument.

But yea i agree the offtopic should remain an anything goes area. Personally i didn't even look at that area of the forums until r8+. It is only of interest to players who have been here a while.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 09:58
I'm glad we're going to see enforcement of the rules for once. Time is up for the trolls with buddies in the mod team. It shouldn't have taken Dave to have to tell some of the moderators this, cheers Dave
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 10:36

Okay, I think you got your point across. If you want to change the current rules or want me to inforce them differently, please address Dave, Clovis, or the moderator team privately. Please don't further derail the topic. Cheers.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 11:26
Написано Google, 15.12.2018 at 10:36

Okay, I think you got your point across. If you want to change the current rules or want me to inforce them differently, please address Dave, Clovis, or the moderator team privately. Please don't further derail the topic. Cheers.

I personally would have added: "... and please refrain from posting further comments here; they will be (would've been) deleted."

Toxicity is bad.
Bad for business; Dave made a clear point, at least to me.
Bad for people that are around.
atWar is about fun, for all.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 12:17
Glad there is change being made! Hopefully it works!
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.12.2018 - 14:30
 Acquiesce (Мод)
I understand the worry about censorship as much as the next guy, but we really couldn't ask for a more reasonable and transparent explanation of what the goal here is. Dave has made so many assurances that this is not a "pc" thing, not about punishing fun, and non-ideological. We can still have our open (even depraved) AW culture with reasonable limitations on what's appropriate in public channels. There's always been restrictions, even in the wildest beta days, so the needle is just moving a bit. And of course: enforcement is never 100% perfect, but that goes for any flexible rules.

Tl;dr: I urge those even with legitimate reservations to remain open minded!
----
The church is near, but the road is icy... the bar is far away, but I will walk carefully...
Загрузка...
Загрузка...

Hits total: 44885 | This month: 1102
Присоединяйтесь к нам на

Передай слово