Купи премиум версию чтобы скрыть рекламы
29.05.2020 - 17:22
If there is one thing that we have striven to raze and purge from AtWar, it is RP. RP is the polar opposite of the competitive world, which is dominated by high ranking players, and is often scoffed at as a mistake in AtWar history.

However, if AtWar is to continue to thrive and develop as a community, we need to accept the RP fags. Not every player aspires to be the greatest player on earth and fight endless coalition wars. And, not every player aspires to create historical maps or hope to re-enact the military feats of Rommel or Napoleon either.

The fact of the matter is that no group will stick around if they are persecuted to oblivion and that in order for AtWar to make a comeback in popularity we must accept that part of this game's objective was to roleplay. Part of why this game is so magical is because we can pretend we are a country and conquer whatever and whoever we want much like chess except on a much broader scale. Some players may choose to gang up on you and play with toxic troop spam, but that's something they enjoy. That's something people choose to do when they play RPs. The silence left by their absence has really taken a toll on our lobby.

What I am proposing is that in order to bring back a lot of the activity on AtWar, we bring back RP. And, we bring back RP by having a few RP maps promoted by AtWar without donors having to spill protocoins into it. Once we run out of protocoins, RP dies and we are back to square one. One cannot do it alone. It is simply way too costly.

What I am saying is that we let RP fags be RP fags to revive AtWar and fill our lobbies. If you want to expand your constituencies in who joins your "schools of thought", you need available players to do so in the first place. This influx of players will provide this possible constituency for which you will be able to convert. But, in order to change others, we must open ourselves up to be changed by others first.
----
hi
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
29.05.2020 - 17:36
Tldr but rp can be fun
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
29.05.2020 - 18:04
Over the years, I've refined my role playing skills, and it sucks that there aren't enough role players on anymore. Role playing is what made atWar great, and this element of the game should be an important focus of the developers. I need some fucking role play in my life
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
30.05.2020 - 00:17
My stance on roleplay has never been very pro-rp because of the fact that most roleplay games are not even roleplays at all, they're really just ffa maps in disguise with a bunch of added rules claiming to be "roleplay" but don't actually adhere to any roleplaying rules or world-immersing mechanics.

Because in what world actual-thought out roleplay would you see USA taking over the americas and pakistan invading china and United Kingdom capping and killing Russia?
The only genuine roleplays I've seen executed on atwar are united nations and league of nations because it actually involves immersion and playing roles of nations in time periods versus just being a disguised free for all map with a "no war till t4" and "declare wars in chat" rules being the defining factor setting it apart from a FFA
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
30.05.2020 - 03:08
You're right. RP was a major factor in atWar's activity for the longest time, and ever since late 2017 when RP took a hit with multiple maps breaking permanently, we lost a huge chunk of its player base.

Right now there are a couple of "blocks" holding us back from properly reviving that community though, like the map editor. A lot of RP maps have broken and will stay that way. New ones need to be made. RP on AW has always been majority modern-nation RP (like NWE), which has always been a copy of one single map made back in 2014 which can be argued by who it was made by (I will not argue over this haha). Not only this, but we're still working on fixing up AW in order to work on reviving things like this- and by fixing up I also include things like putting SP Multipliers on RP maps so low that it isn't even matched with the world map because of the bias there is towards RP. Staff need to and will/have been community/genre neutral and should always be considering their actions in this area around the official world map and current regulations/rules.

For those who've known me for a while knows I use to be the biggest "RPfag" of them all, I would play it non-stop. I was here when Tempted released the first modern-nation RP that kick-started it all. I can say from experience and being here for so long that it will take time. I believe (before Acidus or any of those guys were added to supporters) I'm the only one who was a real member of the RP community (Fappino & others weren't really part of the RP community, they only made the map (in Fappino's case it was made mostly for him- as backstage deals were happening) and played a few games- a real member of the RP community would have played it regularly) who is in staff, and it took atWar nearly SEVEN years to even get one person from this community in things like the supporters. So we are making progress.

It'll take time and effort. I'm sure there are many other oldies and newbies who feel the same way about this, I wouldn't mind creating a Discord for all these players who feel this way so we can work together on this- the proper way.

and for the record, most of the people who will comment on this post weren't in the RP community to begin with and never will- their opinions probably will not matter in most cases.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
30.05.2020 - 03:11
Написано Luo Tianyi, 29.05.2020 at 17:22

just so ya know i commented D
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
30.05.2020 - 06:36
I was one of the most anti-RP cartographers when Tempted's first RP map was first released and the catastrophe it would bring to the scenario community. I have become somewhat less radical with time.

It has been a long-standing assumption by most old-school cartographers that Tempted's RP - which has defined the whole RP genre, was only successful because of the SP farm it brought. Thus it was nothing more than an excuse for SP farming It would take years before SP multipliers would be introduced. I thus wholeheartedly agree with EJR's comment.

Написано Black Vortex, 30.05.2020 at 00:17

My stance on roleplay has never been very pro-rp because of the fact that most roleplay games are not even roleplays at all, they're really just ffa maps in disguise with a bunch of added rules

This is where the distinction between RP and PS (Political Scenarios) has been made by some, with political scenarios (also "politicals") just being good scenario maps where complex roleplaying is allowed. Whilst RP is a map with a lot of city spam and unit spam. RP in many ways is the incarnation cartographers producing maps that they think will be "realistic" (e.g. unit spam, unit statistical inflation, giant incomes, city spamming as many cities as possible) at all costs, whilst function, aesthetic and strategy are sacrificed and neglected.

Whether this community believes in PS or RP is up to them, but I personally see the death of RP as a natural event. Plays were declining from the 26 PPD (plays per day) since Fappino's era until now when the PPD of famous RP maps is only 1-2. The decline was due to the fact that PS > RP, and that with the SP incentive gone, PS will come to eventually dominate.

UNs and LoNs and Politicals will slowly make a comeback after the death of the RP genre. RP's cause of death? Mismanagement by RP leaders (RP Kings), a genre often ignored by skilled cartographers, a community marginalised by staff, and a playstyle nerfed by SP multipliers.

Adieu RP!
----

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
30.05.2020 - 10:08
 4nic
Tl dr, but yes if theres people who enjoy rp, then who are we to ruin their fun. RP needs revival
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
30.05.2020 - 10:44
Let's make something clear first of all: what kind RP fags are we talking about? As Adog mentioned, there are two kinds of RPers: the ones that actually roleplay and those who simply farmed SP in a spamshit map.

If we're talking about the latter ones.... I wouldn't remove the sp reduction unless the game was actually gonna die. Like, die for real, not how it's supposed to be dying for years now. And yeah, I am asuming the sp reduction was the only reason to kill definitively that scene...
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
30.05.2020 - 11:12
I believe that our dreams to save old global afterwind are dead. The game is now divided to 2-4 adverse scene which barely anything in common.

Let them be.
----

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
31.05.2020 - 19:12
I really just disliked the rp players who just mass ally and gangbang to war since when they play a normal game they would get steamrolled and ragequit lol.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
31.05.2020 - 19:52
Things are going to change soon.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
01.06.2020 - 17:04
Написано Estus, 31.05.2020 at 19:52

Things are going to change soon.

Was that accompanied by an evil laugh ( ) or by a cool sounding laugh ( )?
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
01.06.2020 - 17:21
Написано RaulPB, 01.06.2020 at 17:04

What do you think?
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
01.06.2020 - 19:08
Написано Estus, 01.06.2020 at 17:21

What do you think?

Considering this is AW, I'd think of a retarded evil laugh
----
We're all people.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
Присоединяйтесь к нам на

Передай слово