Купи премиум версию чтобы скрыть рекламы
20.12.2013 - 18:04
Sorry for such a noob question, but it really confuses me and has caused me to loose many battles when I thought I would be the attacker and ended up being the defender.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
20.12.2013 - 20:52
Means the your opponent attacked you first.
----
It's not the end.

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
20.12.2013 - 22:17
If you attack a neutral at the same time then you both hit each other and the neutrals for your attack value i believe, and the neutral defends against you both ofc.
it goes something like
p1 attack neutral defends
p2 attack neutral defends
p1 attacks p2 uses attack value too (i think)
p2 attacks p1 uses attack value too (i think)
in any shuffled order, if one player loses all it's units it contiunes until there is one victor.

as far as if two allies attack a city you basically just take it in turns to attack and (i think) the last person to kill the final enemy gets the city.

If you attack someone and that same stack attacks you (on the same move, remember all your moves are prioritised) then turnblocking will come into affect you can read more about that here http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2657
If you attack someone after they have made a move to attack you. Say for example your attack on him was the second move you made and his was the first then you will always be in defence.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
20.12.2013 - 23:45
Написано Guest, 20.12.2013 at 22:30

How would it be calculated between two players with the same stack acting each other with the same priority though? What would decide who turn blocks whom? o_O Since both would have an equal chance to TB, and both don't have a higher priority.

quote from hugo.

The turnblocking works like this:
Chance to turnblock = the difference between you and your enemies troop counts
Chance % = your units count / opponent units count
Example:
You have 3 Militias and your enemy has 10.
3/10 = 30 % Chance
This will work upto a max of 50%. So even if you match or send more troops than your enemy, there is a 50% chance he will avoid.

That is unless your priority is higher than them, because then the chance to turnblock doubles so with the same situation, yet you moving before the enemy does.
In the Example
(3/10)*2 = 60%
This will work upto a max of 100%. So 50% of your stack will block the enemy, so turn priority is still important if you know your enemy has a large stack near to you.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
20.12.2013 - 23:59
Написано Guest, 20.12.2013 at 23:51

Написано nonames, 20.12.2013 at 23:45

Написано Guest, 20.12.2013 at 22:30

How would it be calculated between two players with the same stack acting each other with the same priority though? What would decide who turn blocks whom? o_O Since both would have an equal chance to TB, and both don't have a higher priority.

quote from hugo.

The turnblocking works like this:
Chance to turnblock = the difference between you and your enemies troop counts
Chance % = your units count / opponent units count
Example:
You have 3 Militias and your enemy has 10.
3/10 = 30 % Chance
This will work upto a max of 50%. So even if you match or send more troops than your enemy, there is a 50% chance he will avoid.

That is unless your priority is higher than them, because then the chance to turnblock doubles so with the same situation, yet you moving before the enemy does.
In the Example
(3/10)*2 = 60%
This will work upto a max of 100%. So 50% of your stack will block the enemy, so turn priority is still important if you know your enemy has a large stack near to you.

That doesn't help at all

I'm asking what will happen if you and your enemy both have the same number of units and send them to attack each other with the same priority! Who would be attacker and who would be defender? Would both be attacker, or both be defender possibly? :O

they both have a 50% chance to turn block, but both could possibly fail because they are independent of each other I think. If that is the case it could possibly be both attack or there is a 50/50 chance you will either attack or defend. i have no idea really.

or it could just be you have a 50/50 chance to attack or defend straight out.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
21.12.2013 - 04:02
When this happens, I see 4 options
a)25% player A tb's player B
b)25% player b tb's player A
c)25% both players fail to tb and miss each other
d)25% where logically both players should tb each other, but this is impossible through the mechanics of the game.

This means if it were to be tested in game, you would only get the result you are looking for 25% of the time, and this result would probably manifest itself as a) or b), so testing will be... difficult.

Personally I always assumed that there is no such thing as equal priority, only equal chance of getting a certain priority - e.g. if there are 2 players, Player A and Player B both have a 50% chance of getting the first move priority with their first move, and the one who fails gets second priority with their first move. This is repeated for priorities 3+4, 5+6, etc. If this is correct then both tbing each other is impossible and this solves the conundrum. However under the new tb system the second priority still has an equal chance as the first priority to tb, meaning the second priority could theoretically tb the first priority with a 50% chance if they both have the same amount of units.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
02.01.2014 - 20:16
Authoritative Answer: http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=8019
I cannot speak for its veracity, but applications of its principals have placed me back on the leaderboards, and have gotten me accused of cheating!

Yes it is a lot of reading, but it isn't *complex*.

My mentor Laochra sent me this link originally.

Happy 2014!
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
24.02.2014 - 10:33
AlexMeza
Аккаунт удален
Написано rollotomase, 02.01.2014 at 20:16

I cannot speak for its veracity, but applications of its principals have placed me back on the leaderboards, and have gotten me accused of cheating!

Happy 2014!

That thread does not give an authorative and complete answer/info about turnblocks.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.03.2014 - 02:31
I never said it did.
I said it was AUTHORITATIVE.
I didn't say it was TRUE, or COMPLETE (or RECENT or HUMOROUS or APPLICABLE).

Написано Guest, 24.02.2014 at 10:33

Happy 2014!

That thread does not give an authorative and complete answer/info about turnblocks.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
14.03.2014 - 08:45
AlexMeza
Аккаунт удален
Написано rollotomase, 14.03.2014 at 02:31

I never said it did.
I said it was AUTHORITATIVE.
I didn't say it was TRUE, or COMPLETE (or RECENT or HUMOROUS or APPLICABLE).

Написано Guest, 24.02.2014 at 10:33

Happy 2014!

The link is a topic, and someone copy-pasted something from the FAQ, just put the FAQ link xD
The information there, is pretty basic and has nothing to do with turnblocks, which is probably what happened in this case the op mentioned.
All it says is "If you attacked and your opponent didn't, during the battle your units will always be attacking, while your opponent's units defending. If both armies attacked each other, units will take turns attacking and defending. This matters because some units are better at defending (f.e. Infantry), and other at attacking (Tanks)."
First part, is obvious. Second part "If both armies attacked each other.." does not answer this guy's question, since "if both armies attacked each other" doesn't happen all the time. I don't exactly know the probabilities of turnblocking but all I know is that most likely, this can happen, if two stacks attack each other:
1. You turnblock the stack, you attack and he defends, he doesn't move
2. Both fail turnblocking, both stacks go where the other stack was, or attack the city where the other stack was.
3. Both attack each other .
4. He turnblocks you and you end up defending.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
Присоединяйтесь к нам на

Передай слово