Купи премиум версию чтобы скрыть рекламы
15.06.2011 - 17:09
This strategy is the most overpowered in Afterwind at the moment. People can just pick random country, not caring about income, and spam shitloads of infantry. This doesn't even requires minimal skills, and with infantry cost, luck and other upgrades it turns just in unbeatable auto-produced hordes of infantry.
I suggest to nerf PD infantry attack.
----
PCCTS Knights Templar | Anti Muslim | Anti Jihad | Anti Cultural Marxist | Anti Nazi | Anti Racist | Pro Monocultural | Pro Mono-Capitalism | Pro European | Pro Conservative |ï"¿ Pro Nationalism | - This is not hate, this is LOVE for our
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.06.2011 - 17:31
Http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1329
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.06.2011 - 17:41
Either an attack nerf or a big movement nerf to make the defence strong as it should be and use marines for attacking.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.06.2011 - 18:23
Написано KnightTemplar2083, 15.06.2011 at 17:09

This strategy is the most overpowered in Afterwind at the moment. People can just pick random country, not caring about income, and spam shitloads of infantry. This doesn't even requires minimal skills, and with infantry cost, luck and other upgrades it turns just in unbeatable auto-produced hordes of infantry.
I suggest to nerf PD infantry attack.

Another post about PD, what's new . I expected Fruit to start this . Read the topic Ironail posted about this.

Again: PD is beatable (Ironail, Solstrand and Majorkill already beated me in a 1on1 battle on a Europe map). In europa map; you can't use auto-production as a PD-player (except if you have half of the map). And otherwise then you think; you have to care about income and it does require skills; I can beat you if you play PD, but you cannot beat me if i play PD.
----
Exceptional claims demand exceptional evidence.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.06.2011 - 18:26
It's a deathly hard strategy to beat if you don't know what you're doing. Of course, Rushkaball is only saying this because he can't beat Hugosch (nor can I; at least, not regularly).

It's only very very potent in 5K Europe. Try playing Hugosch or any other good PD player in 10K Europe, and you'll see a definite improvement (not saying you'll guarantee a win, but you'll probably do better. Start in the west of Europe, it helps to have money for your stronger offensive strategy. Often-times, PD wins because its opponent is just playing a much more expensive strategy and can't keep up (early on) with the numbers.

But of course, this is a very restricted problem, and Amok can't go around balancing a strategy because of one player. Yes, it has a softer skill curve than other strategies, since you're only using one unit, and a cheap, very powerful (for its cost) unit too. In turn, this means that a very skilled player with it will be comparatively stronger than with another strategy.

I don't think a big nerf is needed. Maybe a -1 to movement, perhaps, could reduce its potency in Europe games. I don't know. But it's definitely beatable.

And above all: deal with it. I did.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.06.2011 - 18:34
Amen!
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
15.06.2011 - 19:23
Please don't ever stop playing PD Hugosch, it causes so many delicious troll tears (although you should try other strategies and get good with them, because when I figure out a foolproof way to beat PD... )
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.06.2011 - 03:23
>people being butthurt over PD

The lesser players need their overpowered stuff to be good, this is why every game has them. There are always 'pros' with that specific setup and they never get nerfed, and who really cares because they are actually beatable, just annoying as hell to play. For this very reason you must give them shit for it, because they must know they are lesser. (It hurts their ego)
----
Написано Amok, 31.08.2012 at 03:10
Fruit's theory is correct
Написано tophat, 30.08.2012 at 21:04
Fruit is right

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.06.2011 - 08:05
Philipo proved today (again) that PD is beatable, beating me 2 times straight. Check my report: http://afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=1329
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.06.2011 - 08:14
All I can say is to avoid, in any case, attacking the stacks. Have played many times against PD players and did fine so far, if it's not an unfair war (3vs1, two frontier war), of course.

Maybe we should have some SP upgrades to tanks and bombers too, since infantries have already three of them, while TG and SM will always be the same.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.06.2011 - 08:20
The fact that you "can beat" PD doesn't mean it is not overpowered, Ironail. According to your level, you should have at least 1:1 win/lose rate with Hugosch, but you have like 1:5. This really means something. And I totally agree with Fruit, you don't need to be good player to play PD, since you just get boosted strategy, all you have to do is to move infantry in your front cities which other player would attack. Also, it is almost impossible to take a city defended by 10 PD infantry at the beginning, cause he pays like 500 points for 10 infantry, and I pay like 1200 for 10 tanks.
----
PCCTS Knights Templar | Anti Muslim | Anti Jihad | Anti Cultural Marxist | Anti Nazi | Anti Racist | Pro Monocultural | Pro Mono-Capitalism | Pro European | Pro Conservative |ï"¿ Pro Nationalism | - This is not hate, this is LOVE for our
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.06.2011 - 09:03
Damn next thing you know people will want to nerf lucky bastard...
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.06.2011 - 10:19
Rushkaball got a good point, but it's not a secret to anyone that it's easy to play with PD.

I don't think PD needs any nerf at all, just like I said, PD players can upgrade movement range, after-roll bonus, price and attack (general) of infantries, while destroyers can only be boosted on movement range, tanks on attack (general) and bombers have no upgrades at all.

PS: I didn't count general movement range or defense because they apply to every unit.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.06.2011 - 10:32
Написано Psychostick, 16.06.2011 at 09:03

Damn next thing you know people will want to nerf lucky bastard...

no? Lucky Bastard is useless. PD is well...not

I suggest either nerfing INFANTRY attack by 1 (so -1 to INFANTRY) so that infantry stacks are less viable. Something to nerf the infantry in PD, as they are the most troublesome unit. Like pinheiro said, PD players can upgrade their infantries to unfair levels (using your words against you hurr hurr), so they should rely more on offensive units such as tanks and marines for offense, while relying on infantry for defense.
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.06.2011 - 11:09
I don't think the other units should get upgrades, infantry upgrades are not just made for PD to be overpowered, they are made to make infantry a OK unit for other strategies. Upgrading other units to be overpowered for other strategies will just make other strategies as unfair as PD; It defeats the purpose. I think -1 attack for infantry is a viable option for PD
----
Fruit is right

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.06.2011 - 13:24
^
What Fruit said. Also can be infantry movement range nerf.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
16.06.2011 - 15:22
Well, you guys might be right, since it's perfect DEFENSE an not perfect STRATEGY

That would avoid those one-troop spammers I think.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
17.06.2011 - 13:00
Id rather have -1 movement on inf in PD, if not -2, the consequence of being pd should be slow expansion as they intended. just think of it as all that extra armor they are wearing slows them down.

A PD general stack with movement general and faster inf is just ridiculous.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
17.06.2011 - 13:38
Написано the99percent, 17.06.2011 at 13:00

Id rather have -1 movement on inf in PD, if not -2, the consequence of being pd should be slow expansion as they intended. just think of it as all that extra armor they are wearing slows them down.

A PD general stack with movement general and faster inf is just ridiculous.

And +1 attack for all infantry in the stack.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
18.06.2011 - 06:29
Написано Guest, 17.06.2011 at 19:15

In the art of war by Tsun zu,

Unsuccessful troll, gardevoir.
----
Fruit is right

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
18.06.2011 - 10:46
Написано Guest, 18.06.2011 at 10:36

Написано Fruit, 18.06.2011 at 06:29

Написано Guest, 17.06.2011 at 19:15

In the art of war by Tsun zu,

Unsuccessful troll, gardevoir.

Not trying to troll, stating my history channel knowledge :3

history channel has lead you wrong mah boy
----
Fruit is right

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
18.06.2011 - 11:09
@Mitt Romney: Fruit is talking about the name of the author (Sun Tzu*).

Anyway. Shouldn't we make a poll about it? Many players like to just read the forum and doesn't write on it, but they would vote in a poll.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
18.06.2011 - 11:09
Also if you guys haven't noticed, there have been countless threads about nerfing PD. Why do you think nothing has been done about it if it's such a huge problem? Have you ever thought that maybe it's not that problematic? In fact, have you ever thought that strategies that beat PD are OP'd? hmmmm...
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
18.06.2011 - 11:21
Написано Guest, 18.06.2011 at 11:19

Nonetheless, I agree with Pineheiro about a poll, but maybe instead a poll on all the strategy's as a whole, so we can figure out which one needs what etc.

Okay, I'll give you this one...
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
18.06.2011 - 17:07
3 minute-turn game, Eurasia, I want to try Blitzkrieg against PD.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
18.06.2011 - 21:38
Don't nerf movement range or IF will be OP...

Infantry attack needs to be nerfed. That is all.
----
I was banned for your sins

VAGlJESUS ["I love me some KFC"]
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
18.06.2011 - 22:20
PD infantry* I hope you mean, Nig
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
19.06.2011 - 02:56
 Ivan (Админ)
I reduced Infantry range by 1 in PD - let's see how it goes. Hopefully, this would still leave PD a formidable strategy, just a bit less OP.
Also, boosted up the Lucky Bastard a bit, to make it less useless.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
19.06.2011 - 06:36
Thanks Ivan, I'm going to try Lucky Bastard.

The nerf to infantry dosn't show up in the Units page, by the way.
----
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
19.06.2011 - 06:53
Cacow
Аккаунт удален
I still don't understand why all people think PD is overpowered. Is it just because you have only 1 unit type to manage? Well, but you still have to think about where to attack and those stuff. Just because people are overwhelmed with breaking some defence lines and bring their marines behind the opponents front it doesnt mean that PD is overpowered.
Most people use GW. Why? Because it's fun to play? No, just because it works best for killing the opponent. And if their awesome GW doesnt work against someone who plays PD, they have to cry for nerfs in the forum. Yeah, PD is strong in Europe, but there are still ways to defeat it.
I don't agree with that nerf.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
Присоединяйтесь к нам на

Передай слово