Купи премиум версию чтобы скрыть рекламы

Оригинальное сообщение

Сообщение от , 11.09.2011 - 11:12
Since the old thread died by Vafika quitting Afterwind and Amok came back a few days ago, I put the original post into a shorther and up-dated form.
Whoever has an idea and wants it to be added can leave a comment, I will keep this list up to date and add points which are worth it, judged by the players.

These are the actual suggestions:

1) Game-mechanics

first turn attacks
- turn blocking or rushing (attacking the enemies capital with all units) can randomly decide a game in turn one
- bigger countries will beat a smaller one in turn 1 with a 50% chance
-> forbid attacking each others cities in turn one

coalition wars
- the coalition war (cw) mechanics have several problems
- players (enemy Leaders, Officers) can start a game without the host knowing
-> allow start only if all parties agreed
- the cw aspect of Afterwind is almost dead
-> implement a system where coalitions have to fight, combined with losing points over time

strategy balancing
- this strategies are still not balanced
- Tank General needs a boost
- Lucky Bastard (LB) is the worst strategy and inferior in every case

joining a game, entering later
- it is possible to join a game without picking a country, wait a few turns and enter then, even after the maximal joining week
- if the player limit is not reached, it is difficult for a player in the game to see if there is a player who actually joined, but didnt enter yet
->if you join a game you should be forced to pick right in this turn, otherwise you should have to click 'join game' again in the next turn

2) Game-aspects

Elo rating system
- player-rankings based on SP doesn't show a players skill, the following suggestions would also increase the competition in this game and be another step to make Afterwind the leading strategy-browser-game
-> implement a ladder ranking with brackets
-> point-system similar to ELO (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elo_rating_system)

-> brackets could be: rated 1vs1, rated team-games: 2vs2, 3vs3
-> players would have to stay in their team, if the leave it to join another they loose their rank

games with equal conditions for every participant
- since the strategies are not balanced
-> add the possibility to create games where every player has the same strategy and without upgrades
-> this option should be the standard in the ranked 1vs1 games, as a result the games will be more skill-based and the ranking more meaningful

personal chat-rooms
- coalition chat is nice but sometimes you want to speak with a group of people
-> add a function where players can create chat rooms, where the host is also the mod and can invite/kick players

profile-comments
- many people have friends in this game and would like to communicate with them in a way similar to social networks
-> add profile comments to the game
-> the profile owner would have to unlock the comments before other players can see them to prevent defamation
-> ignored players would be unable to post

extended duel-list
- nowadays, it's only possible too see the last ten duels a player fought
-> make it possible to see all duels a player ever played while adding a scrollbar to limit the duel-list's space

rep in forums
- it would be useful if you could give a person rep in the forums if he helped you with something, this will increase his reliability for other players
-> add a function to give someone 'forum-rep'
01.12.2011 - 05:16
Написано Guest, 11.09.2011 at 11:12
late joining
- late joining as standard setting makes non-premium players victim of trolling late-joiners
-> make non-premium members able to modify the maximum-joining-week

Non premium members CAN modify joining week.

Написано Guest, 11.09.2011 at 11:12
-> forbid attacking each others cities in turn one (peace in turn one which turns into war if no sent and accepted ally request)

I am not sure, but i think that starting in peace would make the things even worse.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
30.01.2012 - 13:59
Vanilla Xow 1234
Аккаунт удален
Rep in forums added as suggested by Houdini in this thread: http://www.afterwind.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=2730.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
25.02.2012 - 10:47
"personal chat-rooms
- coalition chat is nice but sometimes you want to speak with a group of people
-> add a function where players can create chat rooms, where the host is also the mod and can invite/kick players"

With many new players, the lobby can get really messy and this would make things much better.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
25.02.2012 - 11:04
SuperiorCacaocow
Аккаунт удален
Написано Caulerpa, 25.02.2012 at 10:47

With many new players, the lobby can get really messy and this would make things much better.

This.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
25.02.2012 - 11:38
Lord Dark Knight
Аккаунт удален
I really like the Elo Rating and rated 1v1 system because it can really put a big boost on people playing this game and after they will want to get premium giving AW a lot more funds!!!!!

Загрузка...
Загрузка...
26.02.2012 - 15:26
I agree with making the tank General stronger, on serval occasions while using this strategy I attack a neutral city with tank force equal to that of the numbers if infantry, and I just bearly win,and sometimes lose. example attack city with 9 infantry units in it with 9 tanks and only one tank survives. Now if they have two more infrantry units inside that city and that happen, that would be alright.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
27.02.2012 - 08:14
Написано Gen. Wolfshield, 26.02.2012 at 15:26

example attack city with 9 infantry units in it with 9 tanks and only one tank survives.

I find this weird mainly because if you look at the stats for the 2 units tanks win on the offensive. (by alot in more numbers too) Unless PD that is though then they lose because +defense added when tanks attack.
----
I like stuff.... Yay?
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
28.02.2012 - 11:41
Написано Deray YG, 27.02.2012 at 08:14

Написано Gen. Wolfshield, 26.02.2012 at 15:26

example attack city with 9 infantry units in it with 9 tanks and only one tank survives.

I find this weird mainly because if you look at the stats for the 2 units tanks win on the offensive. (by alot in more numbers too) Unless PD that is though then they lose because +defense added when tanks attack.

They could make it that the bonus to the attack is added after the roll. So, say a bomber in SM has 6 + 2 in attack. The current system rolls between 1 and the max, 8. The way I propose, it would roll between 1 and 6 and then add the bonus, so technically it would vary between 3 ~ 8 for SM bombers.
----
Написано Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
07.03.2012 - 11:33
Mfw this thread is months old and we still have neither Elo nor no-first-turn-attacks. Bad feel.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
07.03.2012 - 11:35
SuperiorCacaocow
Аккаунт удален
Removed

blocking the creation of walls
- since the nerf of the old wallglitch it is possible to prevent the creation of a wall before he was even made, by placing a bomber near the expected city
- walling is an important part of strategic planning and walls should only get destroyed, not hindered
-> remove the possibility of blocking walls which do not even exist

since 'wallfucking' became pretty much part of the game.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
20.05.2013 - 05:27
Написано ncmbad, 16.09.2011 at 14:47

Railways

Railways would be stationary land transport units, available through upgrades, enabling rapid movement between cities with no penalty upon a unit's movement that turn. They would resemble a line connected between two cities, with units be able to move through them to other cities. An important aspect of the railway is that it requires abundant reserves of money to create and maintain, and can only be created between cities on 100%+ income.

Statistics
Name: Railways.
Attack: 1.
Defence: 2.
ARB: 3.
HP: 7.
Range: N/A.
View: 16.
Capacity: 15 (can be improved through upgrades to 20).
Cost: 500.

I support the idea of railways and trains. I really need them for historic scenarios like 1866:German War.
Загрузка...
Загрузка...
Присоединяйтесь к нам на

Передай слово